Saturday, June 16, 2012

3 weeks and counting

I just looked at a calendar and I'm going to be leaving for Buenos Aires in 3 weeks. On one hand, that means I'll be reunited with my family, which I cannot wait for! On the other hand, that means I need to tie up all the loose ends with my research project in a very short period of time. Being sick this week has been a real bummer, both in terms of my mental state and my productivity. I had to postpone two school visits, and I'm really going to have to push to get everything done before I leave. I have faith that it will all come together, but it's going to take a lot of work.

It's funny that when I see 3 weeks, it seems like such a short time. Yet I'm here for 3 months, which means that 3 weeks is roughly 25% of my time here. So it's still a significant chunk, despite how close it looks on the calendar.

Back home the school year is winding up. If any of my students back home are reading this, good luck with the rest of your exams! Let the countdown begin. 

No comments:

Post a Comment